Growing Paper Ornaments – Set of 6
These Christmas ornaments are handmade in South Africa and have seeds implanted as the recycled paper. After use, these can be planted to grow alyssum and snapdragon.
Each package includes six ornaments, one of each design. Ornaments are approximately 3″ wide by 4″ high.
The paper is made of 100% post-consumer waste paper which is sourced from a shredding company as well as a nearby school. Only water is added to the waste paper to create the new paper. No chemicals are added during the papermaking process.
How to plant (directions also printed on back of each card):
1. Prepare some weed free soil in a pot.
2. Moisten the paper as well as the soil.
3. Place the paper a few millimeters under the soil (or just sprinkle some loose soil over the paper)
4. Water and keep moist during germination (but don’t drown the seeds)*
5. Watch your little plants grow from paper!
*To ensure that the paper stays moist during germination, you can prepare the soil and paper in a glass jar and keep the lid on in order to keep the moisture in.
One package of 6, One dozen sets of 6