Growing Paper Greeting Card – Sustainable Seasons Postcards
These cards are handmade in South Africa and have seeds implanted as the recycled paper is made in to new cards. The recipient can plant the card and grow alyssum and snapdragon.
The Sustainable Season Project was lovingly created by Growing Paper, in partnership with WWF and local artist Anja Stoeckigt from Papertales. These cards were produced as part of an initiative to create jobs and opportunities in South Africa, in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Card Dimensions: 4” x 5.5”, all cards are blank inside
Includes 5 x postcards with 5 different designs
The paper is made of 100% post-consumer waste paper which is sourced from a shredding company as well as a nearby school. Only water is added to the waste paper to create the new paper. No chemicals are added during the papermaking process.
How to plant (directions also printed on back of each card):
1. Prepare some weed free soil in a pot.
2. Moisten the paper as well as the soil.
3. Place the paper a few millimeters under the soil (or just sprinkle some loose soil over the paper)
4. Water and keep moist during germination (but don’t drown the seeds)*
5. Watch your little plants grow from paper!
*To ensure that the paper stays moist during germination, you can prepare the soil and paper in a glass jar and keep the lid on in order to keep the moisture in.